Tricopters very nearly achieve the mechanical complexity seen in present day helicopters. A Tricopter uses unique servomechanism to maneuver with only three odd rotors. It enjoys immense craze among robotic drone enthusiasts, because of its exceptional efficiency and emerging applicability!
Starting from the very basics, the Tricopter workshop provides students with hands-on experience in aeromodelling a radio-controlled Tricopter. The instructions given in the workshop are projected to encourage innovative working knowledge of modern aviation
systems – the best engineering lesson yet!
- Design, Fabrication and Testing of a Tricopter from scratch
- Introduction to aeronautical basics on Multi Rotor Vehicles
- Introduction to design algorithm of a Tricopter
- Understanding the Electronics circuitry involved in Tricopter
A radio-controlled electric rotary-wing tricopter configured with all major components required to design a working drone or unmanned aerial vehicle
- Introduction to Multicopters - 4 hrs
- Interactive design calculation session - 1 hrs
- Fabrication sessions - 6 hrs
- Calibration and Testing of the developed Tricopter - 4 hrs
- Understanding rotary-wing aircraft and their Dynamics
- Learning about different components in a Tricopter
- Introduction on autopilot and GPS systems
- Understanding the concepts of Embedded Systems behind Multicopters
- Embedded Development Board
- Brushless DC motors
- Propellers (Pushers and Pullers)
- Electronic Speed Controllers
- Power Distribution Board
- Working tools *
- Accelerometer sensors
- Gyroscopic sensors
- Tricopter frame
- Transmitter *
- Receiver *
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end. This is being done to reduce the cost of the program and make it affordable for students who do not want to buy the take-away kit.
Take-away kit consists of all the above items excluding the items marked with *. Take-away kit can be purchased at the venue by paying an additional fee of ₹ 16,000
Through our Innovative learning methodology of Learn-Do-Review and hardware kits being shipped to doorstep, learning and building projects through our online project-based courses would never be hard.