Internet of Things, or IoT in short, is the internetworking of physical devices like sensors, motors or simply a smart device and linking them to cloud, so as to get updates remotely from almost anywhere. IoT has promising applications for smart homes, wearable devices, smart cities, connected cars and more.
This course introduces you to the amazing world of IoT and its fascinating applications. Using an Arduino board and a DHT sensor, you will develop an electronic device that streams temperature and humidity data over the internet. You can program the system in such a way that say whenever the temperature exceeds a certain limit, the device will automatically send an email notification!
In the second project, you will work with a soil moisture sensor, ESP8266 module and an Arduino board to develop a smart irrigation system project which detects the change in moisture level in the soil and controls the flow of water accordingly. You will also develop a Virtuino App to get notifications remotely.
Apart from gaining practical skills on the Internet of Things, by doing this project you will learn about the Arduino Architechure, Arduino Programming, Calibration of Sensors, Virtuino App development etc.Projects
You'll design and develop the following projects
- IoT based Weather Monitoring System
- Smart Irrigation System using IoT
- Learn the basics of Internet of Things and its applications
- Work with DHT sensors to detect humidity and temperature changes
- Work with Soil Moisture Sensor to set up a smart irrigation system
- Setup IoT connectivity using a remote desktop
- Develop your own Android App using Virtuino
- Develop and test an IoT weather monitoring station
- Develop and test an IoT based smart irrigation system
- Lecture Session - 8 hrs
- Design Session - 2 hr
- Fabrication Session - 2 hr
- Programming Session - 12 hrs
- Testing & Competition Session - 6 hrs
- Internet of Things
- Basics & Terminology
- Design of a Communication Network with WiFi
- Wireless Communication using WiFi
- Sending Automated E-Mails
- Arduino Uno - Architecture, Programming & Trouble-shooting
- ESP8266 - Concepts, Architecture & Applications
- Soil Moisture Sensor - Concepts & Working
- DHT Sensor - Sensing Temperature and Humidity
- Actuators & Working of Water Pump
- Building IOT based Smart Irrigation System - Design and Implementation
- Building IOT Weather Station - Design and Implementation
- Arduino Programming
- Setting up ThingSpeak
- Arduino Uno Board
- DHT Sensor
- Water Pump
- Wooden Plank
- Connecting wires
- Soil Moisture Sensor
- L293D Moto Driver
- Wire Stripper*
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end.
Participants registering in groups of 5 will get take-home kit for free. Take-home kit consists of all the above items excluding the items marked with*.
Through our Innovative learning methodology of Learn-Do-Review and hardware kits being shipped to doorstep, learning and building projects through our online project-based courses would never be hard.