From refrigerators to parking lots in shopping malls, IoT is bringing more and more things into the digital fold every day, which will likely make the IoT technology a multi-trillion dollar industry in the near future.
In this project-based course, you will work with a soil moisture sensor, ESP-8266 WiFi module and an Arduino board to develop a smart irrigation system project that detects the change in moisture level in the soil and controls the flow of water accordingly. You will also develop a Virtuino App to get notifications remotely.
Apart from gaining practical skills on the Internet of Things Technology, by doing this project you will learn about the Arduino Architecture, Arduino Programming, Calibration of Sensors, Virtuino App development etc..
- Learn the basics of Internet of Things and its applications
- Build your own IoT system using Arduino Uno
- Work with soil moisture sensors to detect the change in moisture level
- Setup IoT connectivity using ESP8266 WiFi Module
- Understand Arduino Architecture and programming
- Develop and test an IoT based Smart Irrigation System
- Lecture Session - 4 hrs
- Design Session - 1 hr
- Fabrication Session - 1 hr
- Programming Session - 6 hrs
- Testing & Competition Session - 4 hrs
- Internet of Things
- Basics & Terminology
- Design of a Communication Network with WiFi
- Sending Automated E-Mails
- Arduino Uno - Architecture, Programming & Trouble-shooting
- ESP8266 - Concepts, Architecture & Applications
- Soil Moisture Sensor - Concepts & Working
- Actuators & Working of Water Pump
- Building IOT based Smart Irrigation System - Design and Implementation
- Arduino Programming
- Setting up ThingSpeak
- Arduino Uno
- ESP-8266 WiFi Module
- Soil Moisture Sensor
- Wooden Plank
- Water Pump
- Connecting wires
- Working tools*
- Wire Stripper*
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end.
Participants registering in groups of 5 will get take-home kit for free. Take-home kit consists of all the above items excluding the items marked with*.
Through our Innovative learning methodology of Learn-Do-Review and hardware kits being shipped to doorstep, learning and building projects through our online project-based courses would never be hard.